Passenger bus tracking
Commercial bus fleets that run either intercity or on a national permit, cause a lot of concern for their operators. Maven's bus fleet tracking and monitoring solution is the perfect solution for such fleets, large or small. The solution enables fleet operators to remote monitor their entire fleet. The solution has GPS enabled location services and a GPRS connection to upload the data to the Internet. Thus you can monitor your fleets from anywhere, using nothing more than a smart phone application. The solution also gives the feature to monitor the fuel data of vehicles with up to an accuracy of 98%, even for moving vehicles.
We help you to monitor, control, analyze, and improve the efficiency of your transit fleet. You can make informed business decisions based on data that we provide.
Some of the common problems that an operator faces are:
- Incorrect schedules of vehicles
- No visibility of the route taken or current location
- Bunching of vehicles on specific routes
- Poor vehicle maintenance
- No control over fuel management
- Security of passengers
- Theft of buses or spare parts
- Unauthorized use for personal profits
We provide two types of devices, the basic device and the advanced device. Read on to find out how each device can benefit you.
- Simple graphical LCD and keypad for route selection and next stop information
- Audio announcement facility in case of stop / arrival
- Integration with LED displays for displaying route information, advertisements to the passengers
- Facility of storing up to 400 routes
- Predicting arrival time for passengers via SMS or mobile interfaces
- Anti-bunching technology that gives dispatchers the ability to detect, respond and prevent bunching of buses
- Answer customer queries such as estimated time of arrival, accurately
- Monitor the movement of buses in real time on a street level map to improve visibility and improve asset utilization
- System provides alerts in case vehicle over speeds the set limit, moves in or out of a set geography (geo-fence), or stops at unauthorized locations. All of these provide better control and safety
- Complete historical movement, distance travelled and driving data provides MIS tool to analyze the number of trips, per trip performance and turn-around time. This results in efficient fleet utilization and logistics planning to managers. You can make informed business decisions for your fleet.
- Provides extended visibility of real time location of the vehicle to stake holders. Text messaging (SOS) and two way voice communication provides safety and security to the fleet
- Quick recovery of stolen vehicles
In addition to all the basic features, the advanced device offers the following features:
- Rich graphical color LCD along with touch screen route selection and next stop information
- Facility of storing up to 600 routes
- Integration with up to 8 cameras to monitor what is happening inside the bus. Video is captured in form of continuous video or clips, particularly useful in instance of criminal offence. Local storage available to keep data until Internet connectivity is regained
- 3G connection backbone to upload video data with better speed